OX0421 "D228 - 1960"
I had a few minutes while visiting Rexburg and figured I needed an Idaho mark. This one was walking distance from my hotel.
Located in the City of Rexburg, Madison County, Idaho, this USC&GS mark lies on the Rexburg - Madison County Municipal Airport property and is fairly well protected. USC&GS mark stamped "D 228 - 1960" was found at 09:25, 23 July 2019 as described and in generally good condition. The mark is accessible from the street through a parking lot. It is adjacent to an airport building. You do not need to enter any gates. Go to description is adequate to find the mark.
Published NAD83 coordinates are located about 195 feet southeasterly of the found WGS84 coordinates. WGS84 coordinates for the mark found by 4 minute occupation with 11 strong satellites and 1 WAAS satellite.
Found Details for Benchmark: OX0421
N 43° 49.956 W 111° 48.414 (WGS 84)
Published Details for Benchmark: OX0421
N 43° 49.933 W 111° 48.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED.
Location: In Madison County, ID
Designation: D 228
Marker Type: bench mark disk
Setting: set into the top of a round concrete monument
Stability: May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
|OX0421 "D228 - 1960" - Benchmark detail.|
|OX0421 "D228 - 1960" - Benchmark and GPSr.|
|OX0421 "D228 - 1960" - Benchmark setting and Carsonite witness post.|
|OX0421 "D228 - 1960" - Benchmark setting at the base of the Carsonite witness post. The remains of the metal witness post are to the immediate right of the Carsonite post. View north.|
|OX0421 "D228 - 1960" - Benchmark setting at the base of the Carsonite witness post. The remains of the metal witness post are to the immediate right of the Carsonite post. View northeasterly.|
|OX0421 "D228 - 1960" - Benchmark setting at the Rexburg, ID., Municipal Airport. View southeasterly.|
|OX0421 "D228 - 1960" - Sign for the Rexburg, ID., Municipal Airport. View north.|
|OX0421 "D228 - 1960" - Benchmark coordinates.|
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. No vertical observational check was made to the station. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code NC indicates the bench mark was located on a no-check spur therefore a value was not computed.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.