Lat: 36° 39.014
Long: 120° 14.960
Designation: TRANQUILITY MUNICIPAL TANK
Marker Type: NGS Benchmark
Setting: setting not listed - see description
Documented History (by the NGS)
1/1/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (JCS) STATION IS LOCATED IN THE N EDGE OF THE TOWN OF TRANQUILITY, 180 FEET E OF CENTER LINE OF B STREET, 116 FEET S OF CENTER LINE OF 4TH STREET, AND IS A SILVER-COLORED, ELEVATED, STEEL WATER TANK ABOUT 100 FEET HIGH. ITS APEX WAS THE POINT OF INTERSECTION.
1/1/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (JCC) THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED BY J.C.S. IN 1944.
1/1/1971 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971 (WMJ) THE TRANQUILLITY MUNICIPAL WATER TANK WAS VISITED AND RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN 1944. IT IS LOCATED NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF JANCHE STREET AND SILVEIRA STREET IN TRANQUILLITY AND THE SIDE OF THE TANK IS PAINTED LIGHT BLUE IN COLOR.
Lat: 36° 39.031
Long: 120° 14.952
Found it at 13:20, 10 May 2003. Found it as described and in good condition. The tank is now painted silver and is located in a Fresno County maintenence yard.
WGS84 coordinates found by 2 minute occupation in the street about 80 feet north of the tank with 9 strong satellites and 1 WAAS satellite.