Lat: 36° 09.217
Long: 119° 19.867
Designation: W 827
Marker Type: bench mark disk
Setting: massive structures
Stability: Probably hold position/elevation well.
Documented History (by the NGS)
1/1/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
1/1/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954 4.2 MI SE FROM TULARE. 3.9 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT TULARE, THENCE 0.3 MILE EAST ALONG AVENUE 200 (26 E), AT THE FARM AIR COMPANY AIRPORT (FORMERLY TULARE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT), AT THE HANGAR, IN THE TOP AND NEAR THE WEST END OF THE CONCRETE BASE FOR THE HANGAR -DOOR STEEL SLIDE CHANNEL, 13.1 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE HANGAR, AND 1.2 FEET EAST OF THE WEST SIDE OF THE DOOR JAM. NOTE-- LOCATED IN THE SOUTHWEST QUARTER OF SECTION 25, T 20 S, R 24 E.
1/1/1975 by NGS (GOOD)
RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975 RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
Lat: 36° 09.239
Long: 119° 19.876
Found it at 16:00, 22 November 2003 as described and in good condition. The hangar is no longer in use, but remains as a prominent piece of the landscape and area history.
Original NAD83 coordinates were located about 145 feet south-southeasterly of the found WGS84 coordinates. WGS84 coordinates for the mark found by 3 minute occupation with 5 strong satellites and 1 WAAS satellite. (Proximity to the hangar made satellite lock difficult.)